Sunday, May 17, 2015

Journal 5

Megan Ball
Journal #5

The last two weeks have been pretty normal. Nothing too big has happened. Mrs. Alston has been gone the last couple days and its been fun because I have gotten to help teach. I really like teaching. I am not looking to be a teacher, but for now its fun. I have become really good friends with Mrs. Alston and a bunch of the other fourth grade teachers. I really like it at Freedom Elementary.
Sometimes it is hard to accept people’s authority because you do not respect their choice or them. I had a dance captain who I did not respect. She was very double standards and thought that because she was the captain she could do what she wanted. There was a rule to not date on the team, she dated on the team. We would run 5 miles every morning for warm up and she would sit on her phone. It was really hard to accept her authority because I did not respect her as someone who could tell me what to do. When you don’t respect someone’s choices, then it is really hard to let them tell you what to do and have them be your leader.
Rules that differ for me is the dress code. There is not a dress code that we are told to really stand by. But at the elementary they just kind of expect you to be professional looking. Mrs. Alston has not had to tell me once to go change because my outfit was not appropriate, and I am really proud of that. If I wear something to school I do not think is completely appropriate for the elementary, I go home before and change. The dress code there is professional, and so that is a rule that is different than at home.

When I am a supervisor I would hope to expect respect from my employees. I know from my dance captain that once you lose your respect, its gone. Because toward the end of the year my captain tried to redeem herself, but she had already lost the entire teams respect. I hope that when I am a supervisor I have my employees respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment