Megan Ball
B8
CRP
An elementary teacher is
responsible for teaching and instructing students grade k-6. They create lesson
plans, instruct students on subjects such as science, math, language arts, and
social studies. They create a safe workspace for kids to learn. They create a
flexible program and an environment that is centered learning and personal
growth. They motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge
needed to provide a good foundation for education.
The education requirements to be an
elementary teacher is you need a bachelor’s degree, certification, license, and
an internship or training. Elementary school teachers are always going to be
needed. Kids are always going to need to be taught., so there will always be
jobs available. The projected job growth for a teacher for 2015-2016 is 12%
higher than last year.
Elementary teachers do not make a
lot, so you have to make sure you love to teach if you want to be a teacher.
They make about $53,590 a year in Utah.
I became
interested in becoming an elementary teacher because I love working with kids.
I grew up in an environment where there were always kids around, each family
had many kids and I was always helping out and babysitting. I have always loved
being around kids. That is why I would like to be an elementary teacher. I
became interested a couple years ago when I was thinking about what I wanted to
be after high school, I was thinking about what I could be and elementary teacher
sounded so perfect for me.
Utah State University
www.usu.edu
Bachelors Degree
Tuition: n/a
BYU
bachelors degeree
tuition: $4,850 per term
University of Utah
tuition: 5,979 per term
No comments:
Post a Comment