Journal 5
Megan Ball
During these
two weeks I have had so much fun. I have had the opportunity to teach some
lessons. The lessons that I have taught are verbs, adjectives, nouns, adverbs,
and the phases of the moon. It has been so much fun to get involved and teach.
It had been good for me to learn pacing, efficiency, and what the kids are
interested in. I loved learning what the kids like; it will help me in my next
lessons. I planned some activities that I thought the kids would love, and they
didn’t. I have loved teaching.
“all
successful people have the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to
do.” This quote means to me that people who succeed do the things failures are
afraid to. People who succeed keep trying, they don’t five up. They keep
trying, and with each failure, they learn. Failures just give up the first
time. They give up the first time something goes wrong or something happens
that they do not like. People who succeed learn from their failures, and
people who do not succeed, give up.
I would like
to think I live in the time quadrant “the prioritizer,” but I am not. I am the
“yes man, “I take too many unimportant phone calls, interruptions, and other
people problems. I try to prioritize, but I put other things in front of the
things I need to get finished. Instead of just pushing though and writing a
huge paper for English, I usually get through half of the paper and take a
break, and put unimportant things in front of finishing my paper. I always get
my work done on time, but I need to prioritize better. I will usually put my
friends in front of my chores or family responsibilities. I wish I could say
that I am a prioritizer, but I am a yes man.
One of my
major time wasters is my phone. I get so distracted by it and spend way too
much time on it. I need to prioritize and not be on my phone so much. Usually
while doing homework I will get a text and answer it, which is not a problem,
but then I get distracted and end up on twitter or Instagram. I need to
prioritize and make sure that I get all my work done before I play on my phone.
I am going to eliminate this time waster by making sure I am not so connected
to my phone. My phone is so connected to me I swear it is another one of my
limbs. I never do anything without it, I am going to start to leave it at home,
or not use it 24/7. I am going to start to cut back the amount of time I spend
on my phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment