Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Megan Ball
B8
Journal #4
            This week was so fun but so hard. It was really fun because I had the chance to teach a lesson. I taught on verbs, Adjectives, and nouns. It was so fun because I got to actually learn what it takes to teach. I loved learning and teaching. It was hard because I had 30 minutes to teach. It was hard because I had to prepare for a lot more than I expected, and I had to prepare if the activity did not go as planed. I planed an activity, and it did not work, so I was glad that I had another activity to do.
            To begin with the end in mind means to start your project with what you want the end results to be. That means to picture what you want the end of your project to be. You want to picture what you want to accomplish and learn from it, and then start with that in your mind. You want to make sure that as you are going throughout your project, you and conscious of what you want to accomplish at the end.

            How I applied “to begin with the end in mind” concept was when I was preparing for teaching this week, I started to prepare with what I wanted the kids to get out of it. I wanted to make sure they understood it. So knowing what I wanted the kids end up knowing, I was able to prepare for the whole time. That is what it means to begin with the end in mind. My personal mission statement for teaching is to learn as well as teach, I want to teach them all that they need to know as well as learn from them how to better teach the concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment