Megan Ball
B8
Personal
bank account
Right now I am interning at Freedom
Elementary. I love it. I am having such a fun time getting to know the students
and the teachers and learning what it really takes to be a teacher. I am
learning better time management and knowing how long to prepare for a certain
assignment. I have found it hard to try to come up with new ways to help the
students better understand what they are trying to learn. Because some kids
learn one way and some don’t understand that way so you have to teach them in a
different way. I hope to help the students get to know me better and be more
comfortable around me. I hope to have a better relationship with them in the
next couple of weeks.
A time when I have had to step out
of my comfort zone is when I was teaching a math lesson. I am terrible at math,
even third grade math, and it was a little scary to get up in front of 30 kids
and teach them something I am not very good at. It was hard to get up and teach
them and know that I was in charge of them knowing and understanding what I was
teaching them. That was difficult for me to do at first.
I think that I am both a proactive
person and a reactive person. Some times I am very impulsive and it works out
in my favor, and some times it does not work out for me. Some times I am a very
proactive person. I like to think about what I am going to do and how I am
going to do it. I love to make lists of the things I need to do. So I am both a
proactive person and a reactive person. I loved how it said that I have the
power to choose my outcomes if I can envision my possibilities. That was really
cool to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment