Journal #7
Megan Ball
so the topic of
the week is “seek first to understand, then to be understood” and this week
that could not be more true. This week we were in class and I was helping with
a math class, and all of a sudden this kid leans over and throws up on the kid
next to him. Everyone freaked out and the kid that got thrown up on was
furious. He was so angry because he was wearing a new shirt and now it was
ruined. The kid that threw up was so embarrassed and felt horrible. The kid
that got thrown up on had reason to be mad, but he did not need to yell. After
everything was cleaned up and the class was calmed down, he went up to the kid
that threw up and apologized for yelling. He had realized that he was only
thinking of himself and not of the kid who was sick.
This
week was crazy. Every one was sick. The flu had hit freedom elementary, and it
hit hard. It was hard to teach lessons because the kids were all sick and most
weren’t even there. So we didn’t know what to do because we would have to re
teach it anyway when the other kids came back. This week was crazy.
This
internship has taught me to really appreciate all of the work that goes into
lessons that the teachers teach. They take a lot of time to get each lesson
ready, and I didn’t ever think of that before. It has really taught me to
appreciate the teacher’s lessons a lot more.
I
communicate better with my teachers and friends better than I communicate with
my parents. I think I do this because with my teachers, they have control of my
grades. I communicate better with friends because I care about them and they
are my friends. I do not communicate well with my parents, at all. I need to
improve my relationship with them. I think that I don’t communicate well with
them because no matter what, they are always there. They aren’t my teachers who
are in control of my grades, or my friends, they are my parents. I need to
communicate better with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment