Megan Ball
B8
The last two weeks have been so fun
at the elementary. I have had the opportunity to work one-on-one with the kids
on their reading, help with teaching lessons on math and the phases of the
moon, and give tests. It has been so cool and fun to actually get in and help
the kids learn. Instead of just grading and cutting paper, I have been able to
teach and learn about how to teach. I have learned how to teach certain ways,
and not to teach other ways. The past two weeks have been really fun and full
of learning.
I have been very proactive the last
two weeks. I am getting more involved with the teachers and students, instead
of just watching I am jumping in and helping. I am loving the internship even
more since I have been more involved. I used to just stand on the sidelines and
watch. Now that I am more involved with the students, it has been so much more
fun.
To be proactive means to start
something on your own. When I first get to the elementary, I don’t just sit and
wait to be told what to do, I just find something to do so I do not interrupt
the class. Being proactive means doing what you need to in the most efficient
way. When I am working with the kids or I am grading tests, I do it in the most
efficient and best way possible.
In my personal toolbox I have: my
positive attitude, organizational skills, I have the ability to follow directions,
and the ability to make the best of a situation. How I put my personal toolbox
into action is by always making sure that it has the things I need in it, not
things I don’t want. Like my attitude, I always make sure I have a positive
attitude, instead of a bad attitude. If your toolbox is full of things you do
not, you will end up using them instead of the things you should use.
No comments:
Post a Comment