Internship summary
Megan Ball
I am interning at Freedom
Elementary School. I absolutely love it. I am helping in the 3rd
grade, I am not just interning for one class, I go around to all of the third
grade classes and help out. Each time I go there are new challenges and
activities. The teachers there are really cool because they would let me teach
different lessons. I loved teaching because it taught me time management and
how to better interact with the kids. I have had the opportunity to work one-on-one
with the kids and I love getting to know them and teaching them. One lesson I taught was on the phases of the
moon. This was the first lesson I taught. I thought I had planned activities
that would teach the kids in a way that they would understand, but man was I
wrong. This lesson was a disaster. I planned an activity that I had expected to
only go 10 minutes, and ended up going 25. The lesson was a disaster. The next
lesson I taught on was math. This lesson I really made sure that what I was
planning, would be educational, fun, and in the right amount of time. This
lesson went better. There were still some bumps in the road, but it went
better. As I kept teaching lessons the more I learned about how to teach in a
way that the kids learn, and plan activities that were age appropriate. It has
been so cool and fun to actually get in and help the kids learn. Instead of
just grading and cutting paper, I have been able to teach and learn about how
to teach. I have learned how to teach certain ways, and not to teach other
ways. I have learned so much while at this internship. I learned that there are
certain ways that kids will learn, and there are ways that they will not
understand. It has been challenging but so fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment